The Appraisal Institute offers world-class education that will help you advance your career. Enroll today for our chapter’s upcoming education programs:
CHAPTER EDUCATIONAL OFFERINGS FOR 2021
Live Virtual Interactive CE Seminar
This year, COVID-19 has had significant impacts on the economy. Businesses have either cut back or temporarily closed, employees have been laid off, businesses are filing for bankruptcy, employees are working remotely, commercial activities, real estate and other non-residential activities are making plans for a recession. While the housing market is still strong, that could change overnight. The market is too dynamic now to rely on monthly, quarterly, or annual sales reports to support opinions on market health. This seminar will show you how to locate contemporary data for your clients and will show you how to rapidly and accurately read and report on market changes.
- Discover why market value appraisals should include a market analysis.
- Learn how to quickly extract, compile, analyze, and present data so that the intended user can understand it.
- Learn how to be consistent with all parts of the report.
- Recognize the terms appraisers commonly use in market analysis reports
- Recognize the concepts that will help differentiate between a neighborhood and a market.
- Identify the pros and cons of various tools used by residential appraisers for market analysis
- Become familiar with statistical tools to support your opinion of market supply and demand as well as highest and best use.
Registration: 8:00am, Seminar: 8:30am-4:30pm
Instructor: Randy Button, MAI, SRA, AI-GRS
Randall (Randy) Button, MAI, SRA, AI-GRS has more than thirty years of experience as an appraiser and valuation consultant. Assignments have included diverse residential and commercial properties throughout the southeastern United States. Recently, his primary emphasis has been on commercial review appraisals for financial institution compliance. In addition litigation and complex condemnation assignments have continually been an area of emphasis for him
Approved for 7 hours CE Credit Alabama Real Estate Appraisers Board
Approved for 6 hours CE Credit Alabama Real Estate Commission
- Up To 15 days prior to program start date, $25.00 cancellation fee
• 7 – 14 days prior to program start date, $50.00 cancellation fee
• Less than 7 days prior to program start date, forfeit of payment.